If I could leave you with one thing it would be…
- 1) If you ever have doubt in yourself, just remember YOU ARE ENOUGH. No one can make you feel any less than without your permission. Not even yourself.
2) Don’t forget to PRAY. Have that conversation with God. He is there for you and he wants to always be there for you. Rather life is hard or not, lay what’s on your heart at his feet and pray.
3) Stay calm during job interviews. Smile, but not like an idiot. Wear something comfortable, but professional. DON’T CHEW GUM. Be lighthearted, easy for them to talk to, and don’t forget to breathe. Employers can see right through you!
- 4) When you find yourself lost in this world or in its web, you can ALWAYS COME HOME. There are times in your life you will feel lost or maybe ashamed of where you are at in life. I promise you that nothing can prevent you from coming back home.
5) NO ONE CAN PROMISE YOU THE WORLD. Only you can achieve that and hope to God you find someone along the way to be by your side.
6) LIFE IS HARD, but you can’t give up. Keep on keeping on! My granddaddy once said, “The best things in life are the hardest to get. If it comes easy, you better run the other way.”
7) If you find a shirt you like, BUY EVERY COLOR! The older you get, it gets a little harder to either find your size or shape in a shirt. Grab them all!
8) You will make friends throughout your life, but the older you get you will only have a few true friends that stuck it out with you. DON’T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THOSE FRIENDSHIPS. Those are the friends that will be with you ’til the end.
7) DONT FORGET TO CALL YOUR GRANDMOTHER. You are lucky to have a grandma that loves you and a relationship with her. Yes, she is aggravating. Yes, she has her ways. But she loves you. So for the sake of us both, don’t forget to call her!
8) This one is important. STAY ACTIVE in some shape or form. Rather it’s at the gym, running or hiking on trails, or if you are still doing Maui Tai. If you stay active, your body will be healthy, therefore your mind will stay strong. It will help you stay stress-free and less depress when things are not going your way.
9) The older you get, you’ll see different versions of yourself. Not only in personality, but also in style and way of thinking. Nothing wrong with that! Let your limbs grow wherever they need be, but KEEP YOUR ROOTS FIRM in the ground. Don’t lose the essence of you.
10) GO ON DATES! Have fun. Be youthful. It doesn’t have to be all about sexual things. Go to the beach, go exploring, play pool, go to a football game even if you don’t like it, try sushi. Just enjoy being young and enjoy life in every aspect.
11) I believe it’s important to experience different cultures and places so you can appreciate what you have. Learn different languages, try different foods, take lots of pictures, and embrace your surroundings. So, TRAVEL AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.
12) If and when life hits you hard, it’s ok to stay inside and cry. You don’t even have to change clothes or take a shower. Find a movie, have junk food, put your phone on silent, and just be. CRY YOUR HEART OUT my angel, but call your mom first!
13) After you cry and get some of it out, PULL YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES UP and get moving. Not saying you still can’t mope, but you don’t want to get stuck there. Hard to pull yourself out of it when you’re stuck.
14) Spend the money on a really good beautician and esthetician. It’s worth it. Consider it like going on a mini-vacation. You sit there and enjoy being pampered. And yes, those eyebrows need it. And yes, those curls will be difficult at times. INVEST IN YOURSELF!
15) GET A PET. Your dog now won’t be around forever and when he’s not I know your heart is going to break. Having a pet teaches your not only responsibilities but unconditional love. It will soften you and bring joy to your life. You will always have a friend and never be alone.
16) Never, ever forget who you are. YOU ARE MY DAUGHTER. You are strong, smart, funny, witty, loved, and unbreakable. You can have cracks, but you won’t break.
What rules would you leave for your daughter or son?